Welcome back to the Telos EVM technical update, where we give fellow nerds a behind-the-scenes look at the progress being made on this groundbreaking project! For more information on the Telos Ethereum Virtual Machine, head over to our EVM web portal.
In our last technical update, we unlocked Milestone 2 and since then, the team has been hard at work pushing forward on all fronts. In this update, we’ll be filling in the community on the progress of these milestones, spoiler alert, tons of progress has been made!
Technical Developments from EVM Team
- Architecture Documentation – Complete
- Developer documentation how Telos EVM is structured and how it works.
- Developer Community Chat – Complete
- Public chat for Ethereum focused developers.
- Those interested in developing on Telos EVM can join here.
- EVM Test Suit – 95% Complete
- Hardhat test suite – 5/5 passing.
- Truffle test suite – 17/18 passing.
- An automated test suite that executes EVM compatibility tests against Telos EVM smart contract.
- These are standard tests written for other major EVM competitors. They ensure the Telos EVM is not only the most powerful EVM on the market but also the most reliable.
- Upon passing all tests, the team can be confident that the Telos EVM complies with all the necessary EVM smart contract standards and connectivity protocols.
- Gas Fee Price List – Complete
- Documentation how Telos EVM consumes gas and what developers should expect.
- View the new details on how gas fees are calculated here.
- getLogs Compatibility – Complete
- Solve how to make eth_getLogs API for Telos.
- Incompatibility Documentation – Complete
- How Telos EVM differs from Ethereun mainnet EVM.
- Developer Instance Automation – Complete
- Automated set up and tear down of local Telos EVM test instances.
- JSON-RPC test wrapper – Complete
- Allow running a test suite against Telos EVM from popular Solidity development frameworks like Truffle, Hardhat and OpenZeppelin.
- Developer tutorial – Complete
- A simple Solidity Hello World application on Telos EVM for developers.
New EVM Web Portal
To help new investors, developers and enthusiasts get familiar with this project, we launched a brand new Telos EVM web portal. If you want to tell your friends all about how epic the Telos EVM is but don’t know where to start, this is the page to send them too!
It’s also a great place to visit and find out what the latest news is from the Telos EVM team! If that wasn’t enough, this is only the beta web portal, while we complete the brand new telos.net website. We hope the community will be just as excited as we are for the upcoming facelift for Telos’ web presence.
What Makes the Telos EVM So Powerful?
- 30x the speed of Ethereum.
- 100-500x the capacity of Ethereum.
- Cost advantage: 1/10th – 1/100th the gas fees of Ethereum.
- Half-second block times.
- No front-running or sandwich trading: Single, uniform gas price for all users.
- Ethereum feature & response parity.
- Ethereum native has a maximum of 1.7 million transactions per 24 hours. With Telos EVM that number is practically unlimited (in the hundreds of millions).
Get Involved In The Telos EVM!
As we work toward mass adoption, Telos continues to welcome partners operating in every area of the industry! The EVM update is a massive move for Telos and if you want to get involved, we’d love to hear from you! We’re consistently looking for innovative projects, industry partners, new investors and everyone else in between. If this sounds like you, drop us a line here!